Calling all RTHS Familes, Parents, Caregivers!
Welcome to Research Triangle High School. Please support our community by joining the PTSO and signing up as a volunteer. All funds raised by the PTSO directly benefit our students. Thank you for your support! Our goal is 100% participation.
Do you want to get and stay connected?
Do you want to make sure RTHS is a cool (& safe) place for your student(s) to go to school?
Do you want to make sure there is funding for the activities your student(s) wants to participate in?
Do you want to make sure your student(s) doesn’t become a stranger and you have a chance to meet their friends?
(Did you get this in your email? – Click here to jump to the next article.)
THEN…. Click this link to join the Raptor PTSO: https://rths.new.memberhub.store/store?category=Memberships
RTHS NEEDS YOU!
Your contributions (Money and Time!) allow the PTSO to fund the activities which keep your student(s) (& you!) engaged!
If you do not sign up, or if you have no preference as to how to serve, the PTSO will contact your family as the need for volunteers arise. The expectation is that each family, will volunteer a minimum of 8 hours per RTHS student over the course of the school year. When we all give a little, it adds up and benefits everyone. There are many opportunities to serve- there really is something for everyone! A list of some of the volunteer opportunities/committees is included below.
Already a PTSO member family and want to let us know where you’d like to help? Email that information to PTSO@rthighschool.org
Our school has been built and thrives due to the dedication of our RTHS families. Charter schools like ours are not funded at the same level as other public schools, and we all have a part to play in ensuring we make up that difference. We, RTHS parents, are a big part of making sure our school provides the environment and experience we want our students to have. Only with everyone’s involvement and commitment can we make RTHS an outstanding launchpad for our kids’ future!
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the PTSO board for more information at: PTSO@rthighschool.org
We welcome you and look forward to working with you to continue making RTHS a great experience for you and your student(s)!
Possible PTSO Volunteer Opportunities/Committees:
- Before/After School Activities
- Buildings & Grounds (Beautification; Painting/Repairs; Furniture Moving)
- Communications (Raptor Report, event sign-ups, Facebook/Twitter, PTSO website)
- Community Outreach
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation (teacher workday lunches; staff birthdays, staff wish lists, teacher/staff appreciation week, Friday breakfasts (1x/mo), end of year gifts)
- Membership & Nominations (Assist in Recruiting PTSO membership & volunteers for board positions & committee volunteer needs)
- Special Events (dances, food truck rodeos, graduation/senior activities, prom committee, principal’s coffees)
- Student Appreciation/Recognition
- Merchandise Committee (designing/marketing t-shirts, etc.)
Other RTHS Volunteer Opportunities/Committees:
- Raptor Fund
- Field Trip Drivers
- Arts Boosters
- Athletics Boosters
- Robotics Boosters
- Club Adviser/Coach